Web Site Use Agreement
This Internet Web Site Use Agreement
(the "Agreement") is between you and Lone Star Legal Aid
("LSLA") with principal offices at
1. You agree to read these terms and conditions of us carefully before using this Web Site. Use of the Web Site signifies your unconditional agreement to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, do not access or otherwise use this Web Site. LSLA reserves the right, at its sole discretion, from time to time, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time.
2. NOTHING IN THIS WEB SITE IS OR INTENDED TO BE (A) LEGAL ADVICE, (B) AN INVITATION TO CREATE A LAWYER-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP, OR (B) AN AGREEMENT OR SOLICITATION TO REPRESENT YOU IN ANY LEGAL MATTER. You acknowledge that communications involving the Web Site are not confidential and that communications may be read or intercepted by others. You acknowledge that by submitting communications to LSLA, no attorney-client relationship, actual or implied, or any confidential, fiduciary, or other relationship is created between you and LSLA. This Web Site is purely for informational purposes and as a public service to those who reside in our service area (72 counties in southeast Texas and 4 counties in southwest Arkansas). At this time, there is no way to apply for legal assistance through this Web Site.
3. IF YOU CONTACT US THROUGH ONE OF THE EMAIL ADDRESSES ON THIS WEB SITE, THAT IS NOT AN APPLICATION FOR LEGAL ASSISTANCE AND YOU HAVE NOT ENTRUSTED YOUR LEGAL MATTER TO LSLA. We therefore have no obligation to reply or take any action related to requests for legal assistance submitted by email or other methods within this Web Site that are intended for other purposes such as fund raising, recruiting volunteers or recruiting new employees. Do not send any information to us that is confidential except where we have created a feature or method to do so or invited you to do so. If you send information that would be considered protected by attorney-client privilege, you may waive that protection unless we have agreed to represent you.
4. The Web Site, including the information, artwork, text, videos, graphics, images, pictures, audio and other materials (collectively known as the "Content") contained thereon, is protected by one or more copyrights pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions and other intellectual property laws. You will abide by any and all copyright notices, trademark notices, ownership information or restrictions contained in any Content on the Web Site. You may download and make copies of the Content and other downloadable items displayed on this Web Site, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Copying or storing of any Content on the Web Site for reproduction, redistribution or publication to third parties for commercial purposes is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from LSLA.
5. LSLA, at its sole discretion, may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Web Site at any time, including the availability of any Web Site feature, forms, database or Content. LSLA may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the Web Site without notice or liability.
i. restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Web Site;
i. are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit, indecent, seditious or politically partisan;
i. constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or governmental regulation;
i. violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
i. contain a virus or other harmful or destructive elements;
i. without prior written permission from LSLA, contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature or imply or state that LSLA has endorsed a commercial product or service;
i. unless specifically contracted by LSLA to do so, contain advertising of any kind; or constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact.
7. The Web Site may contain links to the other World Wide Web Internet sites and resources operated and controlled by parties other than LSLA. Links to and from the Web Site to such third party sites do not imply or constitute an endorsement by LSLA of any third party material or contents and LSLA does not assume any responsibility or liability for said third party material or contents.
8. LSLA welcomes links to any part of the Web Site from other nonprofits, government agencies, and others who seek to further the purpose of LSLA. Prior permission for such links is not required. LSLA reserves the right at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel and revoke any permission it may give to link to the Web Site, with or without cause, without notice and without any liability. No link may
i. present or display a product or activity in a way that states or implies LSLA's endorsement;
i. display or use a link in manner that causes the Web Site or any portion of its content to display within a frame, be associated with any advertising or sponsorship or otherwise incorporate the Web Site contents into a third-party web site;
i. alter, block or otherwise prevent the display of any content of the Web Site; or
1. link to any web site that contains obscene, defamatory, harassing, offensive, malicious or partisan political content. Strictly for the purposes of linking to the Web Site, you are granted non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable license to use our name solely for the purposes of creating and describing the link.
- LSLA does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the Web Site. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk. The Web Site has been prepared for general information purposes only and is not legal advice and is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. The law may vary from state to state and information on the Web Site may not be accurate in your state or jurisdiction.
- LSLA may from time to time offer products and services for sale to the public through the Web Site. These products and services may be offered directly or through third parties who provide an incentive to LSLA such as a referral fee, profit split or other benefit to LSLA in exchange for the promotion or offering on our Web Site. The proceeds of such referrals or sales are intended to help financially support the charitable services provided by LSLA and do not benefit any individual at LSLA. LSLA makes no warranty about the quality of products sold by others. You must check with the other party to determine what warranties or guaranties apply to any products or services provided by them. LSLA also does not have any control over the privacy policies of such third party web sites. Please check their sites for details about the information provided through their site.
- LSLA may provide endorsements and recommendations either with or without financial benefit to LSLA. From time to time, LSLA may endorse or recommend other organizations or information provided by unrelated organizations. When such recommendations or endorsements result from or are likely to produce a direct financial benefit to LSLA, we will disclose the fact that there was "promotional consideration" for the endorsement or recommendation. Those situations will be rare, as LSLA does not normally make endorsements or recommendations for its financial benefit. (This is different from selling selected products and services when LSLA receives a portion of the sales, as described in the above paragraph.)
- The LSLA Web Site, including all content, functions, materials and information made available on or accessed through the Web Site, is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permissible by law, LSLA makes no representation or warranties of any kind whatsoever for the content on the Web Site of the materials, or information accessed through the Web Site, for any links to third party web sites. LSLA shall not be liable for the use of the Web Site, or any third party web site accessed through the Web Site, including, without limitation, the content and any errors contained therein.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You hereby agree and consent that the sole and exclusive jurisdiction for any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be an appropriate state or federal court located in the State of Texas.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between LSLA and you with respect to your use of and access to the Web Site. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give legal effect to the intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. In the event that LSLA prevails in any legal action to enforce any of its rights against you, you will reimburse LSLA for all cost and reasonable attorneys' fees in pursuing such action.
This Web Site Use Agreement was last updated on February 29, 2012. Please check our Web Site Use Agreement periodically for changes.